This proposal seeks to have the Swerve Smart Contracts audited by reputable auditing services. The contracts can be found on this Git: https://github.com/SwerveFinance/SwervContracts
During community discussions it was agreed upon that an audit is necessary and the proposal to get Swerve audited received overwhelming support.
Benefits of contract audit:
- More security and trust in Swerve protocol.
- Users who are on the fence would be encouraged to join.
- Establish credibility as a serious development on top of Curve.
- Prove that community-led projects can be as serious in all aspects as team-led ones.
Since Swerve currently has no dev-share or treasury, the next problem becomes deciding the source of funds for auditing. I propose two structures:
- Set up a treasury, to be used for all future developments including audits.
- Have a community-supported audit by starting and funding a Gitcoin Grant, held by a Gnosis Safe multisig wherein interested community participants can donate funds to be used for audit expenses.
Please vote for your selection, or feel free to propose a new one on Discord.
- Audit via Treasury
- Community-funded Audit via Gitcoin
- Something Else
- No Audit